Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I'll Kick Your Butt

But are fairy shrimp good eatin'???

***

Current music: KBON --Louisiana proud!

***

God I love writers, I really do. And the word "writer," to me, is just as much of an indicator of who you are as gender, ethnicity, whatever. There's just that certain sparkle, that love for creating something with words. I certainly run around with enough of them.

My chiropractor's one, which I didn't know. He took a crack at writing a novel, like I did. He got well into it before someone took an attitude about his subject matter and managed to halt his progress.

But he's a Southern boy, and talks about emphasizing the story instead of adhering to the rules. That kind of talk gets my attention for sure.

So maybe someday soon Danny Henley and I will launch the writers' website we've talked about, and Doc Wonderlich can contribute.

Anyone is welcome. Henley and I are not lit teachers, not editors... we're writers, and fans of interesting writing. If you have something you'd like to expose, even through our likely meager means, then you're welcome. I'll of course holler when that site is up and running.

***

Doc's been the main reason I feel good these days, by the way. Scoliosis is a bitch (can I get an "amen," Toland?), but chiropractic adjustments have given me about a year with almost no pain. It's easy to notice when something hurts, but for folks with back trouble we also tend to notice when it doesn't (since it's so strange and all).

Before seeing the Doc I'd been through months of physical therapy, which wasn't as effective, was more time-consuming, and much more expensive. And I'd gone the medicinal route. Turns out that if you go to a doc and complain about back pain, they hand you a 'scrip for the very sorts of drugs (hydrocodone, lortab) that hook folks to the point that they've gotta go through rehab. I certainly had my dalliance with the pills, and I can't do that anymore.

SO, count me as being a fan of chiropractic. And if you're in the mid-cities, Randy Wonderlich comes highly recommended.

***

I will attempt to update the blog from Phoenix, but I don't honestly know whether it'll happen. Gotta borrow Hood's laptop, see if the connection at the hotel is sufficient, all that. I won't have photos though.

***

The time may be coming for me to serialize my own attempted novel, Juke, on a website. High Bias? The site with Henley? Lots to determine yet.

***

Have a good day, or I'll kick your butt.

No comments: