Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy

And now, some scattered thoughts that bounce around in my head during the course of an eight-hour day with no TV, radio or internet here.

 

***

 

Well, I guess I’d better mark up these coversheets. Pen… pen. Hey, green! This could be my new thing… “We always recognize Brian’s work because he marks coversheets in green. Not harsh and critical like red would be… soothing, sort of. And… a little bit Irish.

 

Hmm… says to only run in “dating” shows. Wow. This sounds like yet another case of some widely-known thing about TV zooms right over my head because I don’t give enough of a shit about TV. Is the Dating Game still on?

 

This green pen has a UPC sticker still on it. I wonder if I can pull it off in one piece?

 

Pulling.

 

Pulling.

 

Pulling.

 

Puuuuuuuullling.

 

Got it!

 

Okay okay… dating shows. Well, I guess that’s a dating show she’s got it scheduled in. Seems more like a “holler at your guests while you and your audience pass trite judgment upon them” show, but okay.

 

When is lunch? Hmm… Luby’s? Dang, when is Mike Llorca getting back?

 

Ah, text message from Kelli! Please let it be a long one. Or a dirty one. Nope. Just a sleepy one.

 

Phone… Hood, telling me I can view World Baseball Classic online. No dude, I can’t. It’s Colon vs. Santana? Ah, just rub salt in the wound why don’t you?

 

Okay okay… dating shows… uh… aw crap, I’m moving this one to the bottom of the stack.

 

16 minutes until lunch… 16…

 

“Christine! 16! Christine! 16! Ya-uh, ya-uh!”

 

Wonder if they even bothered with the piano part while playing that live. Can’t remember from Kiss Alive II.

 

Hmm… if I took a really long, slow walk to the men’s room could I kill those minutes before lunch? Maybe stop into programming, say hi to those folks for a few minutes. Shoot, sometimes they’ve got ESPN on in there… heeeeey…

 

Bye.

 

 

 

No comments: