Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Random Updates About Money, Travel and Corn

Kelli’s getting scholarship money next year! Whoo hoo!

 

***

 

We leave for Phoenix in nine days, not counting today.

 

The Giants’ spring training facilities are in Scottsdale, if I recall, and you know, I wonder if Barry Bonds will even be there at that point.

 

This is reaching a fever pitch, ya’ll, and something’s gonna give soon.

 

***

 

So Hood’s been touching base with me more often, going over the schedule a bit, starting to put together some tentative thoughts on the specifics of getting from A to B. Yeah, he’s finally getting excited too.

 

***

 

I may set up an alterna-blog just for stuff from the baseball trip. See, I update so often (and you gasp) that sometimes fairly new content gets pushed down in a hurry because I’ve suddenly posted, say, half a dozen inspired entries about cinnamon scones.

 

***

 

Thank you to everyone who has emailed me these last few days. I’m grateful to everyone who has touched base. I trust you’ll drop me a line only when it won’t jeopardize your own workday.

 

***

 

Yes, they’re called corn skewers! I know because I had to buy some a couple days ago.

 

It’s such a relief to finally KNOW.

 

***

 

Cousin Aaron is feeling better—yahoo!

 

***

 

Random fact: The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimated the cost of drug/alcohol abuse at $246 billion in 1992, and that’s without considering nicotine addiction. This is taking into consideration health consequences, criminal behavior, negligent driving, job loss and the effects of impaired productivity on workers and their employers.

 

Source: “Neurobiology of Addiction,” from Nature Neuroscience vol. 8, number 11, November 2005

 

***

 

I hope the hyperlink comes out okay since I’m updating remotely and can’t check it.

 

***

 

Ya’ll have a good evening.

No comments: