Monday, March 06, 2006

Corn Stabbers

What are those little doohickeys you stick into an ear of corn called? Corn stabbers? Corn handles? Corn forks? Corn thingies?

 

***

 

Two hours until we depart for Van Morrison. This is like church to me, man.

 

***

 

Last concert I attend was Paul McCartney in November. Good show. Before that was a year prior, Helmet at some club in Dallas.

 

***

 

Jeez, we’ve scared up two babysitters in three days. We might not get that lucky again over the course of the coming year.

 

***

 

I really hope this show is terrific. He doesn’t tour just a whole lot, so I don’t know much about his live shows. There’s no one else quite like him though. If he did a set without a single song I recognized I wouldn’t be altogether surprised.

 

But I know plenty. I’m sure he’ll dust off a few chestnuts.

 

***

 

I wonder if he even stoops to selling the same sort of merchandise the other artists do? Think he’s got a baseball jersey lookin’ shirt with “Van Rocks Your Ass Off!” across the back?

 

***

 

I’d buy one.

 

***

 

Have a good evening.

 

 

No comments: