Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Music Meme

Name 10 bands/artists you are really into:

1. Jellyfish
2. Helmet
3. Van Morrison
4. Muddy Waters
5. Dozer
6. Black Sabbath
7. Charles Brown
8. Jason Falkner
9. DeVotchKa
10. Merle Haggard

Now answer the questions according to the numbers.

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?: "Iron Man," I think

What is your favorite album of 8?: Can You Still Feel?

What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung?: "Slow down, you're riding the machiiiiiiiiiine..."

How many times have you seen 4 live?: None, though I've seen some guys who played with him like James Cotton, Pinetop Perkins, Willie Smith

What is your favorite song of 7?: "I Cried Last Night"

What is a good memory you have connected to the music of 10?: Riding to some honky tonk with my father and stepmother and hearing "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink" and thinking, This song kicks ass!

What is your favorite lyric that 2 has sung?: "I'd rather be insulted by you than someone I respect" from "Birth Defect" (Aftertaste)

What is your favorite song by 9?: Probably "We're Leaving"

How did you get into 3?: Working at Hastings in the mall, we had a copy of Poetic Champions Compose that I loved.

What was the first song you heard by 1?: You know, I think it was "The King is Half Undressed" I think Toland showed up at my house blasting Bellybutton on a boombox in his old VW Beetle. And I thought, Eh--a little too retro/Archies for me...

What is your favourite song by 4?: Whoa. Depends on the mood. Could be "Mannish Boy" from Hard Again, or maybe "Got My Mojo Workin'" from the Newport album.

How many times have you seen 9 live?: None

What is a good memory you have concerning 2?: Seeing them live

Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad?: Sad, not exactly. "Good Night Sweet Night" is bittersweet even though I haven't much of an inkling what it's really about.

What is your favorite album of 5?: I'm kinda diggin' Through the Eyes of Heathens at the moment.

What is your favorite lyric that 3 has sung?: "There's a love that's divine, and it's yours and it's mine, and it shines like the sun"

What is your favourite song of 10?: Oh man. So many... damn this is hard. It could be "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink." Or "Mama Tried" or "Today I Started Loving You Again" or "Misery and Gin" maybe.

How many times have you seen 6 live?: None

What is your favorite album of 2?: Aftertaste. WOW.

What is a great memory you have considering 9?: When "Dearly Departed" began in the van one day, and from the back THEBOY said, "Oh, that's beautiful."

What is your favorite lyric that 6 has sung?: "Satan laughing spreads his wiiiiings."

What was the first song you heard by 8?: It was indeed "Good Night Sweet Night."

***

Ya'll pitch in if you have the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might actually check out this year's Warped Tour - Joan Jett and Helmet are both confirmed acts...

Bruiser