Thursday, March 30, 2006

Trust me, it's funny.

Heh… who is Sonya Kitchell? She’s the latest wunderkind being pushed by Starbucks. I’m kinda stunned by the line “the manifestation of something mystical” in her press release.

 

***

 

Know what’s a great B-side? “Kill Eye” by Crowded House.

 

***

 

I heard “Roam” by the B-52s this morning. Sitting through “Love Shack” nearly killed me last week. Not that it’s such an awful song; it just went through my head for about six hours.

 

For “Roam,” though, I listened to it and imagined those great alternate lyrics: “Whoooa Nipsy Russell!”

 

***

 

It was a pretty good evening in the Briscoe Casa de Amor.

 

The primavera-style pasta I made was surprisingly good. You can interpret that however you want. That’s s definite repeat dish.

 

Kids were good while I did dishes and Kelli went to her first kickboxing class. Turns out it’s an over-the-top cardio blast she wasn’t prepared for. She gutted out 30 of the 45 minutes. She’ll probably focus on Krav Maga classes instead. I’ll stick with KM myself, though I may add a kickboxing class here and there.

 

Here I am, mere days removed from a “I’d better not jog for six months” posting, and I found myself thinking that I could maybe JOG to KM classes for extra cardio work… the calf IS feeling better.

 

I’m a fool, yes.

 

***

 

So Adam Eaton has suffered a recurrence of the finger injury that caused him to miss a chunk of last season. It’s mere days from first pitch, and suddenly we’ve gone from wondering about the fifth starter to wonder about the fourth and fifth starters. Ugh.

 

***

 

But game #1 is Millwood versus Schilling in Arlington… that’s so damn cool. A genuine pitchers’ duel in Arlington. Wow.

 

***

 

Another great B-side: “Stone Cold Crazy” by Metallica, a cover of the Queen song. Wow.

 

***

 

More alternate lyrics: Remember that song “Born a Rebel” by Tom Petty? I always liked to imagine he was singing, “I was Barney Rubble… down in Bedrock… on a Saturday morning.”

 

Trust me, it’s funny.

 

***

 

THEBOY had the worst coughing fit I’ve ever seen last night. Must’ve been 15 minutes of him turning beet read, unable to catch his breath. He started coughing during a big belly laugh while I read him a comic book. Next thing I knew he was having this fit, and I gave him juice, Benadryl, and a nebulizer treatment. Kinda shook me up. He finally got over it and seemed fine this morning.

 

***

 

A not-so-great B-side: “Porcupine Pie” by Neil Diamond. Yep. I could sing you an entire verse, but I won’t. Can’t recall what the A-side was, so I guess I liked “Porcupine Pie” better.

 

***

 

Happy Thursday.

 

No comments: