Wednesday, March 15, 2006

This Week's Greatest Hits

Despite a couple of royal disasters, this week actually hasn’t been bad. Some random highlights:

 

Listening to THEGIRL, though not feeling well, blurting out, “Rock a baaaaaaaby!” as she rocked with Kelli last night.

 

THEBOY excitedly examining his new all-ages Fantastic Four comic. Man, it’s got jets, rockets, androids, and a monster made of sound fighting a robot made of a force field (not to mention the Four themselves)… that kid was in his ELEMENT.

 

Kelli, surprising me by wearing my Ramones shirt to lunch yesterday. She’s a punk rocker.

 

Before dawn yesterday morning, running past the tree on Tiny Hill where I always see squirrels. In four laps I didn’t see a one. So I took the opportunity to yell at them, “Wake up, a**holes!” every time I went past the tree.

 

(Perhaps runners are a wee bit crazy)

 

The plumber’s bill being much less than we expected.

 

The free cup of coffee from Starbucks this morning.

 

The fact that, surprisingly, my calf does not hurt.

 

The discussion with THEBOY’s teacher during she told me that:

 

  1. He is a good listener
  2. He comes to class ready to do his work
  3. He does not suffer fools gladly.

 

My boy!

 

***

 

I don’t yet know what the extent of my posts from Phoenix will be. In a perfect world I’ll have a baseball-only blog complete with photos from the day.

 

In a realistic world, after running around, doing baseball stuff non-stop for 15-18 hours a day, I might just be too dang tired to do a thing with the blog.

 

***

 

Have a good evening.

No comments: