Thursday, March 02, 2006

Remote Blogulating

All quiet on the TV frontier…

 

***

 

Day 2, sans electronic media.

 

It’s quiet. Too quiet.

 

I’ve got some crappy 80s Genesis song stuck in my head. It’s not even from Abacab. It’s from that yellow eponymous one.

 

***

 

Message to Phil Collins: Every male in the nation chuckled everytime they heard that “hard on you” backup vocal bit. Dude… I don’t know what that means in the UK, but over here it’s… funny!

 

***

 

Phil reads this, right? Right? Good. One more message to Phil: Please kick Sting in the trousers for me next time you see him. I’m sure you guys hang out at the same rich British guy clubs.

 

***

 

I almost typed “Stink.” Heh heh.

 

***

 

THEBOY is off to school this morning. He was in a dramatic mood though. You can tell when he’s working himself into one. It usually starts with him asking me to draw something that’s (A) impossibly hard for a guy with limited ability like me and (B) too complicated to attempt during my brief time before I leave for work in the mornings.

 

“Say Dad, can you draw the Power Rangers fighting a giant frog?”

 

Uh… er…

 

He worked himself into tears about it today, having tried it himself, then been stonewalled by me since I needed to leave. Poor kid. This was probably just because he didn’t want to go back to school, which he’d already made quite clear. Seems those days of sitting around watching TV and playing video games have been quite good to him…

 

***

 

‘I’ve got a naaaaaame, and I’ve got a nuuuuumber…”

 

Kill me.

 

***

 

Last night I studied for tonight’s test. I mean, any schoolwork Kelli or I do while the kids are up tends to be sort of piecemeal, as you never know when they’re just going to come over and get in your business.

 

I read my textbook as THEGIRL watched the Wiggles last night. And you know, she came and lay across my chest for a while, and it was the best thing that happened all day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

‘I’ve got a naaaaaame, and I’ve got a nuuuuumber…”

***That would be "Just a Job to Do." That's the only Collins-era Genesis record I can stand.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Phil Collins memory. First time I saw or heard of the man, 1982-ish, an appearance on Solid Gold singing his do-woppy hit "You Can't Hurry Love". I was 12, and my first reaction was "what is this guy doing on TV, he's old enough to be my dad!"

Solid Gold carried way to much influence in my life at the time...but the dancers certainly fueled earliest adolescent thoughts...

hope this was good for a chuckle.

Jeff P.

BB said...

I used to audio tape Solid Gold so I could listen to the tunes. I can still hear bits of dialog...