Tuesday, February 28, 2006

THEBOY Update and CLOTHES

Another fever spike this evening. Boy is this getting old. Ibuprofen knocks it down for 6-7 hours, then BOOM, through the roof. 102.7 at 10pm tonight. Kelli will stay home with THEBOY tomorrow.

***

I could be eerily quiet tomorrow. Wednesday is always busy for me at work, and having missed Tuesday, which is usually when I try to pull ahead a bit, could prove to be a problem.

SO, a survey for anyone who'd care to participate. Maybe my blog can do some entertaining without any input from me.

***

CLOTHES:

What is your nicest article of clothing? You know, I have a sweet linen shirt I like a lot. And it ran me about $3.99 at the Goodwill Store.

What's your favorite article of clothing? Oh man, where to start? My 10-year-old Rugged boots? My Nike polo made of that spaceman ventilated stuff? My running shoes? Know what... I'm just going with FLEECE. During our admittedly mild winters, any fleece stuff I own is like that extra layer of insulatory blubber I'm lacking. It's the only way I survive.

Do you have a good jacket/coat? Heh heh... I've got about 15. It's ridiculous. Each has its own designated temperature range, color scheme, preferred ensemble type... go ahead, make a gay joke. I don't care.

Is finding shoes you like a challenge? Nah, not really. Again, I've got maybe 15 pairs...

I can't believe I ever wore: Half shirts in the 80s. I'd say the Moosehead University shirt was a low point. Jeez, did I ever really have the abs for that? Yup. Long ago.

What was the first article of clothing you thought was cool? When I was about seven my parents sent off for a Spiderman t-shirt. I guess it took 6-8 weeks to arrive, and I was thrilled with that shirt, just thrilled. I can still remember the smell.

Are you too old to wear a concert t-shirt? No. I do try to limit where I wear them though.

What do you sleep in? Usually something hideous. I'm not above boxers, black socks and a t-shirt. But above all I must be WARM. I've been known to come to bed in sweats on a cold winter night. I'd much rather wake up too warm than too cold.

Ever dressed up like a superhero? As a kid I had a great Spider-man costume one Halloween.

So, Fredericks of Hollywood: Trashy fun, or just trashy? I'm sure there's something fun. Kelli and I will be glad to find out courtesy of a random gift certificate if you really want to know. Send it to my home address please.

A hot guy/girl looks really great in a: Shoot, give me a sun dress or a broomstick skirt on a cute woman. Casual elegance is sexy.

Are you comfortable in a bathing suit? Is anyone? No.

Undies: Comfort or speed? Comfort all the way. My days of tidy whiteys are over for good. God bless boxers and boxer briefs.

How do you keep your head warm in the winter? I'm not above a stocking cap, but really, I've got a pair of driver caps that work pretty well as cold-weather gear. One in black, one in brown... see the jacket bit above. Again, I am not gay. Much.

Is there anyone whose style you would like to emulate? Oh, not emulate so much, but I gotta say that our courier person, Mr. Al, pulls off a refined yet casual look I admire.

Any last thoughts before we wrap up? You know, I like a pleasantly plump gal, okay, but some physiques just do not work well with hip-hugger jeans. That tummy roll could be treated a bit more delicately, shall we say.

***

Have a good Wednesday, wherever you are.

No comments: