Sunday, February 26, 2006

Good, More Good, and Not-So-Good

Good news: THEBOY slept all night, and in fact woke up with a fever of only 99. I was worried that, again, he'd wake up early, burning up and flushed. So we may be seeing the trailing edge of this particular illness.

***

More good news: THEGIRL turns two tomorrow. Yahoo! You should see the beautiful cake Kelli got her.

Bonus good news: She used the potty this morning! That was pretty cool.

(That is, THEGIRL used the potty. Not Kelli, who seems to have it down by now.)

***

The not-so-good: I've re-aggravated my calf injury. I did it on the treadmill, apparently. I don't understand how running four miles on a track left me feeling great and running six miles on a treadmill left me hobbled.

I went back and forth all morning, trying to decide whether I could run on this thing. I finally decided to give it a shot. I got dressed, strapped on the iPod, hit the track and... OW OW OW. I went about 50 yards. It simply hurts too much.

I don't get it I don't get it I don't get it.

***

SO I'll modify my workouts, see if I can spend more time on the elliptical machine. I'd like to think that since it's a zero-impact workout it won't further exacerbate this problem. Maybe in a week or two I can hit the track again.

It's just frustrating that my stamina is capable of doing what my limbs aren't.

***

At least it stopped raining. Seems like over the past few days we've caught up on all the rain we didn't get this winter. Wow.

***

Have a good weekend.

No comments: