Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The three problematic bits

Current music: “Whenever God Shines His Light” by Van Morrison.

***

According to MLB.com, Scott Boras is trying to pressure the Rangers into signing Jeff Weaver.

The three problematic bits in that sentence are “Scott Boras,” “pressure,” and “Jeff Weaver.”

Eh, I think Weaver could still be a good pitcher. Once he went to the Yankees they screwed with his head. When his first couple starts weren’t great, they sent him to the bullpen to… mop up? Pitch the 7th? That’s not a simple transition, and I’d say doing all of that under the glaring eyes of NY media and fans made him a head case.

And though the Rangers have a history of signing head cases, I’m voting against this one. I think Kam Loe can be just as good this season, but without the price tag.

***

Current music: “Freddie’s Dead” by the Impressions.

***

Ye gods, I might actually become a charter member of the local chapter of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI--cool). Does this mean I’ve now got an excuse to drink, streak across campus and paddle freshmen?

Nah, it's a geeky honor society thing for counseling students. So I'll eliminate the paddling from that list.

***

Current music: “Ain’t So Easy” by David and David.

No comments: