Friday, February 03, 2006

Phantom Pottery and the Tex Mex Ghost

Songs I like more than I should:

“Life’s What You Make It” by Talk Talk

“Lights Out” by UFO

“Creep” by Radiohead

“She’s Already Made Up Her Mind” and “Family Reserve” by Lyle Lovett

“Where Were You?” by Jeff Beck

“I Feel Love” by Donna Summer

***

Well, I had a nightmare. In it, Kelli and I were selling some creepy-ass gothic mansion so we could buy another creepy-ass gothic mansion.

As we unpacked, a strange lever came down from the ceiling and smashed a bunch of our… pottery.

Then one piece of pottery reassembled itself and began rolling out the door towards the previous house. I guess it thought the new place was too creepy.

Turns out the new place was so large that there was a full-scale Tex Mex restaurant along one side of the building. I got a call on my cellphone saying that their food was really good.

I then told Kelli we HAD to bail out and go back to the old house, because the person who’d called and made the recommendation was DEAD.

How I knew that, I can’t say.

***

I woke up, scared. Okay, so phantom pottery and post-life cell phone calls aren’t exactly Stephen King material. But the effect is the same. Really.

And as I lay there, THEBOY yelled out for me. I walked in, and he said he’d had a nightmare about skeletons trying to kill him.

I decided to just crash right there with him.

***

Heeeeey… Friday’s Tex Mex night! I’ll holler if a ghost calls me to recommend some new place I’ve gotta try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you say I've got fornicated-up dreams. Jeebus.

Weird that you and THEBOY were having nightmares at the same time, though.

Michael