Thursday, February 23, 2006

Peckergate Update

(Memo from one Very Big Boss to another Very Big Boss):

I've taken down the memo. Just a little too risky--BB.

***

We're gonna figure something out. I've spoken to THEKIDS' former school. I'll pick up a rate sheet in the morning, see if I can have some time with the owner. Maybe that discounted rate he mentioned is still a possibility.

***

Current music: “Stain on the Sun” by the Bevis Frond

***

Tonight: Class. Whoo hoo!

***

Francisco Cordero felt a "twinge" in his shoulder some days ago, and has pulled out of the World Baseball Classic.

My prediction: Akinori Otsuka will be closing games for the Rangers by May.

And closing them well.

***

Nadine is going through some of the same hoo-ha I went through while working for BACS. And now she's got a review coming up. A show of hands here: How many of you ever found yourself slamming your fist on the desk during a review because of what the supe was saying to you? Anyone? Anyone? I did. Nadine could be joining me soon.

***

Work beckons. Be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pardon me for regressing back to about 8 years old, but I snicker every time I see the word "peckergate."

Michael

Anonymous said...

i'm preparing for the worst....i've heard so many horror stories. people crying, getting angry, slamming fists...though potentially, i see myself as a cryer more than anything else.