Thursday, February 02, 2006

Amazing Responses

From Sis:

This is the first thing that comes to mind, but I am sure there are other more amazing things....

The day we moved to this house we were all sitting around the living room with my inlaws. Right then, 18-month- old Aaron chose to let go of the couch and take off alone across the room. Vickie and I were both so happy and stunned we just about cried. Finally, after a year of doing physical therapy with Aaron, I knew we were getting somewhere.
A.

***

From Henley

Why is this question so hard to answer...

Perhaps the Colloseum in Rome. Perhaps a cat giving birth. Perhaps the look on my grandfather's face as he watched Saving Private Ryan with me. (He's a WWII vet.)

Perhaps the Grand Canyon?

Or perhaps it was the look of joy and hope that knew no bounds in the teary eyes of my South African friends in college when we heard the announcement of Nelson Mandela's release from prison after 27 years. It is hard for me to imagine, as an American, how people could so adore a living political figure. The closest thing we've had to that is JFK, and he had to die to inspire it.

No comments: