Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh Dear?

If I pay $6 can I take a nap?

Boring here. I shouldn’t say that. I should WORK AHEAD. I should have such constant drive and determination that, when the normal workload lightens up, I plow FORWARD, to find new, additional work to fill up these minutes.

Right?

***

Went home for lunch since I couldn’t find anyone to join me at the Asia Buffet. And in 20 minutes of changing channels I couldn’t find anything worth watching for 20 seconds. Well, there was a shot of some lions attacking a water buffalo. Cooooool. But then it went to commercial, and I gave up.

I did seize the opportunity to glue THEBOY’s model airplane back together. That snap-together job we assembled last week didn’t withstand the rigors of being carried around by a five-year-old very well.

Oddly, as it disintegrated in the van during our trip yesterday, with each successive part that came off he said, “Oh dear.”

***

Oh dear?

***

A joke I just received:

A 6 year old and a 4 year old are upstairs in their bedroom. "You know what?" says the 6 year old. "I think it's about time we started cussing." The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, "When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ass." The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios." Slap! Wack! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his
rear with every step. His Mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?" "I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your fat ass it won't be Cheerios."

***

Some shots from last year’s trip to spring training. The next trip is on, and it starts a month from Friday. I’m ready.

***

Lance Nix takes some warmup cuts.



***

Kevin Mench on deck



***

Vlad Guerrero. I'm sure they miss him on Krypton.



***

Kenny Rogers takes a stroll. Take a good look around, Kenny. It's the last time you'll break camp with this organization.

No comments: