Sunday, February 26, 2006

Love is...

NOT that one-panel cartoon where those naked babies do those sappy things.

***

Love is making your spouse a tune mix, 15 years after you did it for the first time.

(God I hope that old tape I made her never re-surfaces. Why did I TALK between songs????)

***

The tunes:

"When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan
"Do Ya" by Jason Falkner
"Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai
"Everybody Here Wants You" by Jeff Buckley
"When I Come Back Around" by Jamie Lidell
"Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones
"Why Me, Lord?" by Johnny Cash
"Honesty" by King's X
"Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai
"Everything's Gonna Be Alright" by Anders Parker
"Listen to What the Man Said" by Paul McCartney
"I Want You Back in My Life" by Pugwash
"Mighty Mighty" by Earth, Wind & Fire
"I'll Look Around" by Madeleine Peyroux
"Too Hot to Handle" by UFO
"Queen of the Slipsteam" by Van Morrison
"I'd Rather Go Blind" by Marcia Ball

***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

**** "Queen of the Slipsteam" by Van Morrison

That entire "Poetic Champions Compose" CD is incredible...

Bruiser

BB said...

Yes indeed it is.

Kelli thought the song was "Queen of the Six String." Cute.

Anonymous said...

You've discovered Jamie Lidell, I see. Been a long time since I've heard a cracker R&B singer I've liked, even if he's mainly imitating Prince.

Hope she dug the mix. Good stuff on there.

Michael

BB said...

Yep. I picked up Lidell's name on some blog somewhere, and damn if he isn't pretty great. And yeah, the Prince comparison is inevitable.