Monday, February 27, 2006

Hapbirday!

Been on a prolonged stoner rock kick lately. I’d almost forgotten that last year when we bought the laptops we got a gift card to download a bunch of songs for free online somewhere. I forget where offhand.

So I dug out the card and got some treats.

First and foremost is Through the Eyes of Heathens by Dozer. It’s pretty damn sweet. I like Fredrik Nordin’s voice a lot. This is great music to jog to. Big sound, spaced-out lyrics, good rhythms… Sounds great loud.

I also picked up (er, downloaded) the Unida/Dozer Double EP, which sounds pretty good at first listen.

Got some scattered tracks from Nebula, The Atomic Bitchwax, Lowrider…

I guess music that’s good for getting stoned to is also good for trying to get runner’s high to, eh?

***

While sick this weekend THEBOY got to watch a ton of TV. He’s really enamored of the Power Rangers and Digimon at the moment.

He told Kelli some sort of crazy Digimon-related crap last night. It was something like, “If you look at your cellotelephone and there’s an eyeball don’t be scared but when you push the button a giant eyeball’s going to come out and take you away somewhere. Well, not a GIANT eyeball, but a BIG eyeball, and it will be scary.”

Ooooookay.

***

I bought him some new Power Rangers undies, in fact. I showed them to him at breakfast this morning, and said I’d been at Wal Mart and wanted to get him some cool new underwear.

“Did you?” he asked.

Uh yeah lil’ dude… right here… you know, the ones in my hand?

***

Happy birthday to THEGIRL. Seems like only last week I was spoon-feeding you milk because you would NOT take the bottle. Two weeks of me worrying that I was starving you to death. Ugh.

***

She’s my idol in some ways. Thinks she looks pretty all the time (and she DOES), even naked. She’ll look at herself and kiss her own lips in the mirror, happy as a clam to be a chubby toddler with no clothes and wet hair. Last night she jammed cake in her mouth, occasionally barking, “Hapbirday!” to herself and anyone within earshot.

***

Stayed up too late. Ugh. The swan swims at midnight.


No, you’re not supposed to understand that.

***

Happy Monday. And Hapbirday!

3 comments:

BB said...

Now that I think about it, if one spends $3k on laptops at CompUSA, there's no way the card that allows us to download those songs is actually "free," right?

Anonymous said...

Hapbirday to your little one. It's a cliche, but it's true: they grow up so damn fast. Nina will be four in 3 months or so, while Connor will be (gulp) nine later this year. Incredible.

You know when it always struck me is when they start talking in complete sentences. Next year when Laura says, "It's my birthday! Happy birthday to me!" you'll be wistfully thinking, "Weren't you speaking in gibberish just a little while ago?"

Michael

Geoff said...

Late Night Guy screwed you again...