Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bootsy, The Little Attorney, and an Evolutionary Conspiracy

Bootsy! Lemme hear ya!

(Thanks for the tip, Bruiser)

***

Fairly uneventful evening last night, until the Little Attorney tried to disregard our bedtime instructions and play a video game instead. He managed to work himself into a tizzy, and we had a scene the likes of which hadn’t occurred in quite some time. I do believe at one point he said, “If you send me to bed like this I’ll just bang on the door.” Bad idea with his sister supposedly asleep two rooms over, so I told him, “If you do that I’ll give you a spanking you won’t forget until you’re 30.”

We did manage to make peace after about 10 minutes of him wailing like a banshee from his bedroom.

***

Current music: “Jessica” by the Allman Brothers. This song makes me want to dance like I’m in a Charlie Brown cartoon.

***

I had a good look at my Jellyfish material last night. I’m two songs shy of being able to assemble my Alternate Milk CD: “Too Much, Too Little, Too Late” and “Brighter Day.” No demos are known to exist of either.

I emailed the Jelly List, and I’ve had some quick responses. “Too Much” is pretty well available from some live shows, but “Brighter Day” isn’t so far. Dang.

I’m told, by the way, that they did perform “Russian Hill” on Dutch TV with just piano and voice. I’m surprised, frankly, since this song drove them nuts in the studio. I’m curious to hear how this version was done, but I’m not sure if I’ll get my hands on it just yet.

So I’ve got to find some other version of “Brighter Day.” I guess. I mean… it’s got to exist outside of the one and only official studio release, right?

***

Warning: Potentially offensive material to follow.

***

I’ve heard it theorized that one of the reasons many modern cultures like full lips on women is that they bear some resemblance to, well, you know. Female nether regions. I’ve even heard it said by someone in the know that women’s lips have evolved to mimic that look. I’m still not sure I can wrap my mind around it, frankly. Hell, if it hadn’t been a female scientist I saw talking about it on some PBS doc I might have been kinda cheesed off. I’m sure that speaks to my own biases.

But really... can it possibly be true that, not only is every straight guy on the planet objectifying women, but the very mechanism of evolution is as well?

Keeping all that in mind… Check out Christina Aguilera’s lip job.

***

Happy Wednesday.

No comments: