Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gospel Fans Do Not Need Natural Male Enhancement

In case you wondered, I can say with great certainty that yes, all of my counseling/addiction professors have had zero use for Dr. Phil.

***

I like the Rangers’ signing of Erubiel Durazo. The guy always could hit. He had Tommy John surgery last season, hence his limited market value now (he’s signed a minor league/spring training invitation deal). He says he’s been 100% since December, and I wouldn’t mind seeing his bat at work at the Ballpark in Arlington.

***

Heh… tracks from the “upcoming” (damn, can’t I do more than use quotation marks to indicate what bullshit I think that is???) Guns ‘n’ Roses album Chinese Democracy (snickering here) have been leaked.

I am streaming WAAF in Boston just because I’m curious.

***

Jeez, now it’s playing Creed. NeverMIND. Jeez, I’ll play something else. I wasn’t THAT curious.

***

From the “it’s funny because it’s true” department:

There’s a big stink here. Seems we ran a pecker pill commercial in the middle of a gospel music awards broadcast.

And for once it had NOTHING to do with me.

***

Seriously, though, the spot only came to us with the name of the parent company attached. No restrictions, nada. Shoot, half the General Mills spots we run have restrictions (“Don’t run in South Park! Don’t run in 70s Show!”), so you’d think someone at Pecker Pills, Inc. would have had the snap to, oh, keep us in the loop or something.

That’s a formula for exactly this sort of situation, which I feel compelled to call Peckergate.

Actually, it’s been my experience in broadcasting that, no matter where I’ve worked, communication is lacking. It just is.

***

Better scoot. Have a good evening.

No comments: