Monday, March 06, 2006

Leave Leaves Leaving

I leave in about nine hours to see Van Morrison.

 

I leave in 12 days for Phoenix.

 

Kelli leaves in four months for Italy.

 

I don’t exactly know when I’ll be leaving this bloody job, but that’s on my mind more than the other three...

 

***

 

My dear wife told me last night to go ahead and use the rest of our freebie downloads from that music site. For a brief moment I couldn’t think of what to look for. Old funk? More stoner rock? I perused High Bias a bit, then almost called Toland.

 

And then it hit me: Doug Powell. Now THAT’S a guy I’ve meant to do some catching up on. Sure enough they had two albums. I think they’re called The Lost Chord and Day for Night. I do believe those will do nicely.

 

***

 

And I got “Jungle Boogie” by Kool & the Gang and a Grand Magus song that sounded good.

 

***

 

The kids were good yesterday.

 

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are probably Powell's best albums. But saying that slights More and Ballad of the Tin Men, both of which are also fantastic. The guy's a major talent that never got the respect he deserved.

I like Grand Magus. They sound like Sabbath abusing Iron Maiden. Metal up your a$$, baby.

Have fun at Van the Man. Hope he lives up to grand expectations.

Michael