Friday, March 03, 2006

Meaningless prattle for the day.

This is bananas. No radio is the worst. I’m gonna just freakin’ pop, man.

 

At least I’ve got a better song going through my head today: “This Could Be Good” by Pugwash.

 

***

 

When I was a roadie and made a mistake, I thought, It’s TERRIBLE that a whole club full of people is right there to see/hear my mistake. Man what pressure!

 

When I was in traffic at PBS affiliates, I thought, It’s TERRIBLE that when I run the wrong promo all these viewers are there to see it and call in about it. (Traffic there deals with mostly promo scheduling).

 

When I came to commercial traffic I learned that it’s the WORST to have a big dollar sign attached to any error.

 

Now I long for the days of ONLY having a roomful of people staring at me while I make a gaffe.

 

And this from a guy who once brought a Willie Nelson/Ray Price show to a complete halt while the director screamed in my headset and the whole room went quiet. Willie and Ray just stared at me.

 

Meaningless prattle for the day…

 

***

 

The test was hard! I was well-prepared. 80 t/f questions, two pages of fill in the blank, and two essay questions. I’m feelin’ like I got a B on this.

 

***

 

Forgot my glasses today. Dang. Stupid tiny, fuzzy letters on this computer…

 

***

 

Great new parenting strategy: Load THEBOY up with cough syrup before sending him to school. Last night he explained that he had a very quiet day. Hey, no timeouts…

***

 

New intra-cranial song: “The End” by Buick Mackane.

 

***

 

More, plenty more… I’m almost sure of it… throughout the day as I struggle to keep this silent tedium from scorching my brain cells.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how bored you must be. How are your coworkers taking it?

A.