Friday, June 16, 2006

BB Pontificates

This country, hell--this WORLD is full of folks with differing viewpoints. Conservatives/liberals, vegetarians/carnivores, fighters/pacifists, Tom Green fans/people with taste... you get the drift.

I don't talk just a whole lot about some things. I'm usually disappointed by politics no matter who's running things. Religion--well, I don't have the answers.

I can say with great certainty, though, that I am firmly opposed to leaving the windows in one's van down overnight.

*

Here's why:

When one goes out in the morning to turn on the sprinklers, well, it's only AFTER the water's spraying all over the place and one is 50 feet from the faucet that one realizes that the windows in the aforementioned van are down and the water's going right in.

*

But there's more.

*

See, when one darts into the house for keys, then zips out to raise the windows, well, one might overzealously START the van by accident while turning the key as quickly as possible.

And that's not a bad thing in and of itself, except that the motions of a V-6 turning over are apparently QUITE startling to the neighborhood cat who at some point made himself at home in the van to urinate, defecate, or perhaps scout a place for his little hussy to pop out some kittens.

*

So when one is rolling up the windows in one's van to halt the wetting of one's upholstery, that neighborhood cat might be capable of a startlingly acrobatic move that involves leaping up from some unknown place to climb up the startled van owner's back and actually leap Indiana Jones-style through the rapidly-closing window.

*

In closing, I'd like to say that, while I dearly love my wife, I do hope that next time she uses the van she'll roll up the windows when she's done.

(And I'd like to thank her for cleaning my cat scratches)

*

Oh, and vote Kinky.

***

Krav/kickboxing class went okay tonight. I guess it was right in the middle of the pack as far as how I did. I wasn't as gassed as my worst classes, but I didn't pace myself well enough to have a thing left by the end. I'm glad I went though.

***

Moment:

Yours truly, speaking to THEBOY: "I'm sorry you're disappointed about Mr. Potato Head."

(pause)

"I cannot believe I just said that."

***

The Mummy is on TNT tomorrow night. Without going into much detail, let me just say that on any night there's a Brendan Fraser movie playing on TV, you shouldn't bother calling the Briscoe Casa de Amor after 9pm.

No, wait until about 9:10pm, and if I sound breathless when I answer, it's the fault of Kelli and Mr. Fraser.

(Eh, I ain't complaining)

***

Boogie time. Ya'll have a good one.

No comments: