Wednesday, June 21, 2006

how beautiful

Current music: “I’ll Play the Blues for You” by Albert King. (“Come on baby… let’s rap a while…”)

***

I managed to swing an 81 on the advanced test, which… I can live with. Considering I don’t even have the book yet, I’d say I did okay.

***

Class went well overall. I’d say this is just starting to click a bit. I mean, I still have a ton of education ahead of me, and I’ve gotta do practicum and internship work… but I’m finally starting to get an inkling of how the puzzle pieces go together I think.

***

Kinda like martial arts in a way, I suppose. You get taught all these techniques, and the idea is that when the time comes you can assemble something useful from the pieces.

***

THEBOY this morning, bopping around the kitchen as we prepared to depart for school: “Come on—let’s go see how beautiful [THEGIRL] looks today.”

***

Every morning those two “say hello to the neighborhood” before we actually get IN the van and leave for school.

Lately that means they run like mad to the far side of the house. Over there is a shady stretch of dirt I’ve never managed to grow a blade of grass on.

And each morning they go stare at it like it’s saying, “If you build it they will come.”

***

Random plug: Let me just say how terrifically pleased we’ve been with Sensei L’Onis and Tiger Klay’s Mid-Cities Krav Maga. I’m starting to see some of those “other” benefits of martial arts, not to mention the fitness and the usefulness of the training. He’s great at what he does, and gregarious and approachable. If you’re anywhere near Hurst and interested I highly recommend this school. Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are also available.

(No, I’m not on the payroll)


***

Current music: "Ballad of the Sun and the Moon" by Alejandro Escovedo.

***

Have a good Wednesday, ya'll.

No comments: