Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pound Pound Pound

This day hasn't gone exactly as planned. Kelli and I both woke up feeling a bit under the weather.

***

I headed off for class feeling tired and foggy-headed, and I had a sinus headache. Inflate, deflate, inflate, deflate... My sinuses have been very busy today, and everything they've done has hurt.

But I think I did okay on the ethics test. Maybe I got an A. I don't think my essay answers were my sharpest ever, but I think I did well enough.

***

I came home thinking I'd have a modest lunch and tough out this afternoon's Krav Maga class. I bent down to hug THEGIRL and WHOA did my head hurt. I recalled the punch defenses we've been working on this week, the ones that left my ears ringing a few nights ago, and decided I'd skip class today.

I've been to three KM classes, two kickboxing classes, and the Friday kickboxing/Krav Maga combatives class. I figure I've done enough.

***

That Friday class went well enough, and I've gotta say that for a few minutes I wondered if it'd be a disaster. I've been eating a bit on the light side lately anyway, so after a day of mostly nibbling and small meals, I found myself HUNGRY five minutes into the most demanding class at the school. Aw crud.

But I paced myself, downed a few calories by way of my sports drink and did okay.

***

This afternoon was nap time. Nap nap nap. Crashed for a couple hours.

Tonight my head still hurts. I'm looking forward to the fights on Spike though.

***

Kelli and THEBOY have headed off to Ft. Worth to check out the FW Symphony doing music from Star Wars and ET and such set to lasers. I gather there'll be some storm troopers and maybe even a Boba Fett there. Needless to say, THEBOY is pumped.

***

Have a good evening.

No comments: