Friday, June 16, 2006

Rampant Masochism

I got the decal thing put up last night. Man, it was just a dozen-odd little rubber pieces that were supposed to be a witch when done. I thought I had a reasonable facsimile assembled, but the boy pointed out that I'd used a piece of her hat to make her leg.

He stared at it for a sec, then said, "Let's just put up the other skeleton." Dang, how many of those things do we have?

Sure enough, there's another skeleton decal in his room. Looks much easier at least.

***

Current music: "Early in the Morning" by the Gap Band.

***

Something I'd never experienced happened in Krav Maga last night: A white belt pointed out that I'd lined up incorrectly (that is, out of rank order).

"That's right, junior, Ima just strut on ovah here to where the rest of mah yelluh belt brethren are holdin' court..."

***

The other night a student stopped an instructor as he wrapped up a demonstration and asked him to show it full-force. So WHAM, he kicked the bag she was holding like it had called his mama a bad name.

I muttered, "Man, she's a masochist."

Couple minutes later she came over and said, "Who over here called me a masochist?"

I looked up, shocked. "Uh, me."

She offered a handshake and said, "Thank you" with a big smile.

***

Later she informed me that she's a sadist as well.

***

I'm sore in about a half a dozen places, and I'm due to hit the killer Krav/kickboxing class here in a little while (speaking of masochism...)

***

Got a lot done today. I'd let myself get way behind on my ethics reading, but as of today I'm caught up. I've got one brief little assignment I've gotta knock out tonight, but about 90% of the work for tomorrow is behind me.

***

Happy Friday everyone.

No comments: