Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pure devastation

Well, Kelli will be gone in 14-odd hours, due back in early August.

Have we lost our minds?

She'll be outside of Florence, spending some days on a hillside archaeological dig and some in a lab. The farmhouse which will house the students does not have air conditioning. She's been advised to bring mosquito repellent.

But it'll be the trip of a lifetime hopefully.

***

I'm supposed to be in, you know, CLASS and all Saturday morning. Neither of our potential babysitters has returned calls tonight. Crap.

***

Let's see... it's about to be June 30, right? This semester is about a month old. We've nearly wrapped up the ethics textbook. We'll soon have our second exam in advanced counseling.

And my financial aid has not been disbursed. My tuition is not paid, and I'm even lacking one pricey-ass textbook.

The lender told me today it'd be disbursed tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

***

Krav Maga went well this evening. Big fun! We practiced 10 different elbow strikes. Then we worked on a knife defense. Those are the ones that stick in my head, that really kind of... unnerve me. For some reason even the idea of dealing with an assailant holding a gun doesn't quite shake me up like a knife.

I worked out with Roland, a nice guy I pair up with sometimes. This guy can punch and kick like no one's business though. Man! Pure devastation.

Big class too! I counted 22 folks. Makes for a crowded mat. Nice problem to have.

***

So, uh... anyone free Saturday morning?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I have been thinking about you guys all week. I know it must be hard. Will Kelli have email access?

This is when I wish we lived in the same town. You could just leave the kids with me! It really sucks that your sitter fell through. Do you have any friends with young kids? Who do they use as a sitter?

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to help out - then we could catch a Rangers/Astros game Saturday or Sunday.

Bruiser