Monday, June 26, 2006

Dig It?

Man, kickboxing was cool tonight! I hauled the kids over and we caught the end of the Krav Maga class Kelli was in. I counted 22 bodies in there. That's a huge class!

I let the kids hit the heavy bags at the edge of the mat to burn off some energy. Every time 6'8" Sensei L'Onis would stroll by THEGIRL would run off like he was the giant that Jack (of beanstalk fame) had so much trouble with. Cute.

***

And I had energy to burn in kickboxing! Man, I can't remember having that kind of stamina in there before. The combinations were coming pretty well after I got this one step down. I think I also learned something that'll help me put more power behind my kicks. Hips--they're amazing when properly utilized.

After that he said that anyone with gear who wanted to spar could step up. Maaaaaaan! I was dying over there. I have no gear yet! I'll get that taken care of as soon as I can. I was like a whining puppy at the edge of the mat watching those guys.

***

I read THEBOY a Power Man comic from the 70s at bedtime tonight. He got a real kick out of Luke Cage saying "dig it?" and calling everyone, including bad guy Mace, "baby." I had to read a few parts multiple times just so he could hear the dialogue again.

***

But now I'm finally tiiiiiiired.

***

I dialed in a bunch of effects and played along with Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" for a while tonight. Simple enough song, but fun to play. Gotta wonder if that guy ever got sick of playing it. I saw him play it when he opened for Foreigner, and he seemed lost in his playing from what I recall. Of course, that was 1984.

***

Boogie time. Be good.

No comments: