Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Some Baseball Stuff

Baseball guru Peter Gammons has suffered a brain aneurysm, I'm sorry to say.

In baseball media, he is the center of it all. Everything revolves around him in some shape or form. He is the Walter Cronkite of baseball. I hope he recovers, and recovers well.

***

And how about the umpiring travesty last night? Mark Teixeira's bloop down the right field line clearly made chalk dust fly, indicative of having STRUCK the line, which would have made it a fair ball. At least two runs should have scored, tying the game.

Instead the umpire there ruled it foul, and the Rangers went berserk. Teixeira was ejected for the first time in his career, like Michael Young had been earlier after a strikeout. Oh, and Mark DeRosa and Buck Showalter were tossed too.

Visit Jamey Newberg's site for his angry take on the whole thing.

***

Fight Night on Spike tonight, baby!

***

Advanced counseling went well last night. I knew the material, and felt the sharpest I've felt all semester. I spoke up in class, made my presence known for a change.

***

Clock's ticking... Kelli leaves Friday.

***

Ya'll have a good day.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

I'm always conflicted about the Spike shows, part of me wants to watch them live like I would any normal sport, but the rest of me wants to avoid the celebrity sightings, Blade the Series previews, and inane ring interviews that make up 60)% of the show. I'll probably tape it and watch tomorrow...