Monday, June 05, 2006

The Stuff of Nightmares

Wow. So last night's episode of Intervention was about Chuckie Negron, son of 3 Dog Night singer Chuck Negron. I wrote about him some time back, about what a heartbreaker that episode was.

Lo and behold it earned 29 hits on the blog today. Interesting.

***

Good day here I'd say. Early this morning I turned in a job application.

Kelli got her hair done (cute!) by the one and only Heather, then I went to campus to take care of some administrative stuff.

***

Yesterday I watched a woman in Academy doing something suspicious. She was really doing SOMETHING to a price tag on a boys' baseball jersey. It wasn't until she walked off and I saw a price tag where she'd been standing that I realized she'd probably altered the price.

I wish I'd realized it sooner and turned her butt in.

***

KM went pretty well tonight. We worked on some kick combinations, then some knife disarms. Those are the stuff of nightmares in some ways, because no matter how good you get, you know you're going to get injured.

And as he does sometimes, Sensei took a moment to demonstrate a Hagana knife disarm.

I don't know whether I can really put a finger on the difference between Krav Maga and Hagana at this point. I'm inclined to believe that Hagana is even more vicious (and that's saying a lot). I also tend to think it's got a slightly more... military bent I guess. I mean, I seem to recall that it includes grenade disarms and such.

So I get called forward to play the bad guy. I swing the practice knife, and Sensei pulls some slick maneuver that actually finds me HANGING several inches off the ground in his grip. He swings me to the right, uses a foot to swing my legs horizontal and... let's me swing back into a vertical position before putting me down. He explains that the idea is to dump your attacker on his head, and that he's not likely to get up.

I inclined to agree.

***

Tomorrow THEBOY, the poor little guy, has to get THREE vaccination shots tomorrow. He's ready to get it done.

***

Ya'll have a good one.

No comments: