Sunday, December 18, 2005

Everything I Touch...

The birthday party went well, all things considered. Boy I'm tired of throwing parties where no one shows up though. THEBOY had a total of TWO guests show up. Yeah, we got the invitations out late and all... but cripes, out of FIFTEEN that's all we could get??

***

But the entertainer was REALLY good, the few kids here were into what she did, the cake was good, and really it went off pretty well.

***

Last night I actually felt relaxed for the first time in a long, long time. Not everything the kids did wound me up for a change.

I fixed that in a hurry though. While changing a burned-out headlamp in the van I managed to break the plastic sleeve that holds the thing in there. Yeah. It basically crumbled in my hands. I've broken a lot of the damn things.

So, that broken part means the light won't sit in there straight. I've been laughed at by two (2) separate auto parts guys who tell me to hit a junk yard or dealership.

Neither of those happened to be open today.

Ah, replacing this part is now, oh, about 1000 times more complicated than it needs to be.

***

And I finished editing this year's family movie, only to realize that the cable that I need to make my dubs is gone. Boom, lost. Period, over and out, zip zilch and nada. I do. Not. Have. It.

Fine, I hit Best Buy. $40.99 to replace. Hoooo boy.

$39.99 at Circuit City.

BB is not amused.

***

This coming week at work is going to be rough. Double logs, crazy advertiser demands with the holidays upon us and all... Not sure how much time I'll get to spend updating this little site I'm afraid.

***

Wow. There's a Krav Maga school walking distance from the house.

***

Saw my boy Geoff (aka G-Par) this morning. It'll be the last time before he departs for DC. It was great to see him! Married now, being accommodated by Belo as he departs. That is, he gave notice and the managers grabbed his ankles and wept, begging him to stay. Okay, that's not true. But they did scare up a DC-area job to shove at him within hours. Good for him, I say.

Geoff, I meant it: I don't intend for us to become footnotes in each other's lives. Don't be a stranger bro.

***

Ya'll have a good week.

No comments: