Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Time to Smash Some Watermelons

Okay.

I’m sitting here watching Spider-Man: The Venom Saga with THEBOY. We went to Toys R Us tonight to spend some of his birthday cash. He bought this and this remote-control dragon that’s actually kinda cool.

***

Tomorrow he won’t go to school; he’ll have a special day alone with Kelli, getting to do most anything he wants.

Tomorrow night he gets to watch Star Wars for the first time.

***

Saturday we’ll have a party here, with cake, pizza, and some sort of combination magician, puppet show and all-around entertainer.

I hope I haven’t hired Gallagher by mistake.

***

My calf is healing nicely, gotta say. Amazing what anti-inflammatories can do.

***

I ganked this from… somewhere. I think it was a Yahoo Sports story about one of the Rangers’ new acquisitions, Brad Wilkerson:

*
(General manager Jon) Daniels said Wilkerson's hard-nosed style could evoke comparisons to former Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer, a longtime fan favorite and a key part of the team's only three division titles, in the late 1990s.
"Montreal compared me to Rusty Greer when I was drafted," said Wilkerson, the 33rd overall pick in the 1998 amateur draft. "If I can do half as much as he did around here, it's going to be very special."
*

Now THAT’S a good attitude to bring to the new team. Humbly name-dropping one of the institution’s franchise players is a sure way to get MY attention.

***

Nice bit from J. Prowse in the comments an entry or two ago.

Man, you know… I’d say that I cut my teeth on books, but heck, I’m not finished. I mean, this love story has gone on my whole life. Nice to see the younger Prowse catch the bug. In a book-loving household such as ours, I certainly think our kids will share this passion.

***

Funny, I was flipping through a magazine today… Pulse maybe? And in it was a photo of the gazebo in Austin where the nutria incident occurred. Weird to suddenly see THAT out of nowhere.

***

Geoff gave notice today. I’ve said many times that he is irreplaceable. I wish him and Mel well in DC.

***

Time to do something I haven’t done in a while: Take it easy.

No comments: