Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Christmas

It's Christmas morning, and the living room is a terrific mess. THEGIRL'S wrapped up in one of the new Wiggles DVDs she got, occasionally pausing to drop some toy in the bucket her Potato Head family came in.

And now she's dancing. Love it.

THEBOY got us up at 7:15. Not bad, 'cept we'd stayed up until 1am taking the toys he snagged in Corsicana out of the packages.

He's wrapped up in the VSmile handheld video game we got him. He also plays the Star Wars video game and the foam rockets Santa brought him.

***

He opened his gifts from non-Santa folks in Corsicana last night, and yeah, he scored a ton. He and THEGIRL were quite good, all things considered.

***

The evening candlelight service, while beautiful, also went about as expected. A couple songs into it THEBOY was quite clear: "I want to leave now. I want to go home."

He got his wish, as Kelli scooped up both the kids and took them back to her mother's house.

***

Kelli got me the very fine Darker Blues book from Fat Possum records. Exactly what I wanted (seeing as how I asked for it and all). And that cool cologne I wanted too.

***

I'd love to ramble some more, but the kids want to play

No comments: