Saturday, December 03, 2005

Humanzee!

Watching something on Discovery on this weird-ass looking ape some speculated was a human/chimpanzee hybrid.

I'm not convinced.

But I am kinda freaked out.

***

Okay, so what's with the recent epidemic in these parts? It's the one where, if you're turning into the parking lot of a business, someone is exiting that parking lot and sitting right in the middle of the driveway. What the heck? Over and over this happens, and I have to wait for this person to leave before I can pull in. I mean... did I miss a memo or something? Since when can they take their 50% of the driveway outta the middle?

***

Long day, with a lot of good stuff.

I had class this morning. We got our grade back on our group presentation: 97! I do believe it was the highest grade in the class, though a presentation was given this morning that I thought was better than ours.

Had some work done on Kelli's car today, and it was not as bad or expensive as I expected. Cool.

Seeing as how Kelli and the kids took a daytrip to Corsicana, I had the day to myself. I took a nap, cleaned up a bit, and worked a lot on my final project for appraisal/assessment.

***

In Corsicana, Kelli and the kids watched a Christmas parade. The whole day went well, I'm told.

***

I spoke to Dad tonight, and he was in good spirits. Cracked some jokes, gave a positive impression overall. It was really refreshing.

***

SO, I'm hoping to finish this appraisal/assessment project over the weekend, then devote my weeknights to the eight-question development take-home final. It looks pretty rough, actually.

***

Disturbing sight of the day: a woman leaving Toys R Us with her two daughters. She was wearing a black t-shirt that read, "F*CK YA'LL I'M FROM TEXAS." Only hers didn't have the asterisk.

That's about the most startling lack of class I've ever seen.

***

So, how about UT today? Ouch. 70-3... I doubt either side really enjoyed that much. Come on USC!

***

I'm hoping to run in the morning. I haven't run since the episode that found me at the rec center, making 320+ right turns. It's been 10 days or so, and I do believe my knee is fine. I'll be pleased tomorrow if I can run five miles. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

***

You know... I guess there wasn't much levity to be found in the hospital when Dad was there.

But once he left ICU, the nurse and tech in his private room took turns for a while coming in and explaining that the OTHER one was digging how his bare chest looked.

Now, we're not talking about beauty queens here, okay, but... dude... he's undergoing the health crisis of his life, and the nurses are flirting with him. What the heck? I guess it's like Kelli tells me: Studliness skipped a generation in my family.

***

What do you know? This freaky-lookin' ape is a chimp indeed, but one with markedly different genetic material from a standard chimp. He may be the only chimp of his particular sub-species.

I'm told the ladies just throw themselves at him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahem. YOU first told me studliness skipped a generation. I never say it as if I believe it; I'm just quoting you. I think you're studly enough.