Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Good Team

Thursday Thursday Thursday… it’s effectively Friday, right? So I’ve had my coffee and scone.

And there’s a department potluck today, so we’ve got sausage balls and all sorts of other treats. For guy who has dropped 20 pounds, I still eat pretty well, gotta say.

***

I asked THEBOY this morning if he’d like to play for the Texas Rangers.

He said no, he’d like to play “for a good team.”

Ouch.

***

The leg is holding up somewhat well. I ran another couple miles last night. And you know, at one point I was thinking about what a nagging injury this calf strain has been, and I actually thought to myself for a moment, I can take it easy this off-season to let it heal.

Yes, it seems I became a professional baseball player when I wasn’t looking.

Weird.

***

Current music: “Sweet Hitchhiker” by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

***

The Rangers have a press conference due to start in about 10 minutes. This is presumably to announce the Kevin Millwood signing. Rockin’.

***

Work. Dang.

1 comment:

Danny Henley said...

Your kid knows his baseball! Perhaps he'll have a better impression of the Rangers if they can add just one more pitcher to that rotation. Preferably a one-time MVP and six-time Cy Young Award winner...

I honestly wonder if they are making this strong push for pitching because Clemens said he'd pitch for them if they put together a decent rotation... Otherwise, such earnest pursuit of pitching is completely out of character for this organization.