Thursday, December 01, 2005

Little Gold Flakes

WOW. I know this has made the rounds before, but I’d never seen it. It’s a roughly three-minute clip of some Christmas lights you won’t believe. Snopes says it’s legit.

***

Current music: “The Soul of a Man” by Blind Willie Johnson

***

You should stop by Smackage There’s always something entertaining to read there, and one of the names behind those tiny photos and crazy pseudonyms is Nadine, my buddy from BACS. One of my few regrets about leaving that place is that I didn’t get to know her better. Mostly I remember talking about feet and British dental hygiene with her.

***

Ten random things about me:

I don’t use a snooze alarm.

These boots are one of the great bargain buys of my life. Got ‘em 7 or 8 years ago at the Brazos Mall in some nondescript shoe store having a big sale. The brand is Rugged, not that I’m familiar with it otherwise. But I think I paid about $12. They’re black, all leather, and warm. They also provide grip if I need to walk on ice.

I don’t care if a woman is flat as a board, but if she’s got disgusting feet the deal is off. (I’m married, so it’s not like there’s ever a DEAL anyway… hell, not that there were many when I was single anyway, and uh… hmm… why are you looking at me that way?)

I eat sunflower seeds when I drive. Keeps me awake.

I do believe I’m the only active fan of The Firm.

I once stumbled upon one of my bosses at a previous job having sex with one of our clients.

Two nights ago I dreamed I was Spider-man.

I’m not very good at doing nothing.

I don’t understand why, say, Turner and Hooch is available on DVD but Cannery Row is not.

I wish I knew what happened to the little gold flakes my great grandmother gave me when I was a kid. I think my then-stepbrother stole them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks! you're so nice!

Anonymous said...

I have the Firm's THE FIRM on cassette
"Radioactive" still holds up well for me!
Erik