Monday, December 05, 2005

Woefully

That’s how uninspired I am today.

***

Had a good run yesterday, despite the fact that it was 40 degrees and windy. My ugly green hoodie was the perfect insulation for such a trek. I ran five miles in 51:40. I did actually work on my stride, tried to stretch out and see if I could cover more ground. But I know I slowed down when I got tired. At one point I believe I was lapped by a three-toed sloth. And that’s really odd since I didn’t think they’re indigenous to this area.

***

THEBOY startled me Saturday morning as I made my breakfast. He likes to sneak out quietly, then jump out with a loud noise.

“Bloo blah blah!” I believe he said.

I spun around and froze, both fists clenched as he stared at me.

It looked BAD.

“Do you want to hit me, Dad?”

Ouch.

I tried to explain to him that when you STARTLE Daddy, well, for just a second his cat-like reflexes take over, and he goes into ninja mode.

***

Yawn.

No comments: