Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Birthday Hangover

Oy. Ate too much, WAY too much. We ended up at Zuroma, a good Italian joint up near Grapevine. I'm a sucker for an eggplant sandwich (groan if you will). I ate one the size of a Shetland pony.

Then I went home and ate a big piece of the apple pie my sweet coworker Joie made for me. Topped it with vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell, natch) and went to town. I was having to do breathing exercises by the end to work it all in. Glad to know all this exercise is paying off...

***

So I woke up feeling like hell, like I've got a puke bug or something. Heh heh... overdid it for sure. And the omelette I made was the best looking one in quite some time, but I just couldn't touch it.

I'll live though. I'm a little better, and I just had a banana.

***

Funniest moment from last night: THEBOY got two tattoos out of the machine at the restaurant. One was small, but the one he wanted to put on his arm was huge! It was three times as wide as his skinny little arm. I had a good laugh while trying to explain to him that the tattoo would only fit on his chest or his butt.

He went with his side, actually. So he's got this vicious looking dragon there, and one on his arm. He'll be a chick magnet today.

***

Otherwise it was a quiet evening at home, watching the Rangers beat Mark Buehrle (what the heck???), a little MST (Teenagers from Outer Space) and finally Ultimate Fighter 2.

Melvin looks like an explosive fighter, a startlingly athletic sort with good speed and good ideas. But he wasn't so great on the ground, and he lost. Adios Melvin. You were a loudmouth anyway.

***

So, here's hoping my stomach stops doing backflips sometime soon.

You have a good day too.

No comments: