Friday, August 19, 2005

Fractal This, Chaotic That...

Want to scramble your brain?

(Sure, we ALL do!)

Try to follow along as Weedshare head honcho Steve Turnidge talks about fractal this, chaotic that, and music files.

***

Okay, what did Kevin Gryboski do that got him disciplined by MLB? This is the first I’ve heard it.

***

There was a message on the machine yesterday from the real estate listing service, saying that an agent wanted to show the house at 1:15pm.

The time stamp on the message was 1:16pm, and in fact, I was there, talking on the phone to my friend Mike Llorca. Before I knew it a blonde in a red PT Cruiser had pulled up out front and soon met a couple who walked in on me.

“Hi, I’m the surprised homeowner,” I said.

Now, the house was (and remains) clean. But I don’t appreciate such short notice.

***

I also don’t appreciate her lackluster job of showing the place. The whole thing went like this:

“This is the living room.”

“This is the dining room.”

“This is kind of like the place we saw earlier.”

And done. I should have started my own sales pitch myself. “All the closets have built-ins, and this cabinet in the living room is an entertainment center. The study and living room have speaker wiring permanently installed, and a baby cam can remain in the bedroom if you’d like. I can walk to the library and farmer’s market from here, and the neighbors are some of the nicest folks I’ve ever met…”

***

C’mon lunch…

No comments: