Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday a la Mode

This is Jason Falkner’s sister, as verified by the man himself.

***

I decided to go the Amazon route with my birthday cash.

See, I did indulge that restless whim yesterday. That is, I hit Grapevine Mills Mall looking for the jacket I want.

First a guy tried to sell me one with a backwards zipper and a missing button for $60. I actually considered it for some reason. “This is made in India, not like those Chinese jackets.” Dude, the quality on this Indian jacket is a bit lacking…

So I hit the Wilson’s Leather outlet store. Found what I wanted for about $80… and decided against it.

***

I loaded up at Amazon. In the coming days I should have lots of packages full of goodies. Howlin’ Wolf DVD, BB King DVD, Bukka White CD…

And I did order that rare Jason Falkner double CD from Japan… they only charged me $4 shipping. Maybe they misunderstood the exchange rate or something.

***

My cube is all decorated in yellow and green streamers with balloons and monkey images. My coworkers went with my “Monkey Paw” nickname for the theme. Oh, and there’s a can of Beefaroni the size of a Shetland pony. It’s an in-joke.

But I appreciate it. This place is so much better than BACS…!

***

Tonight’s goal for dinner is to pick a place that either offers apple pie or peach cobbler (a la mode on both counts, of course). I don’t care if it’s an all emu steakhouse or something.

***

Busy week here. Happy Monday, ya’ll.

No comments: