Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Night Guy, Morning Guy, and Grouchy Guy

Some folks, including myself, have had trouble accessing this site recently. I had some difficulty figuring out what it could be. Blogger started hosting their own photos not long ago, and I thought surely that was it.

But tonight I tried to access the site on Kelli's Powerbook G4 using Explorer and froze up. That leads me to think that Blogger is no longer playing nicely with Explorer. Brand new Mac, latest edition of Explorer and no dice.

So... guess I'll have to stick with Safari.

***

It's quiet. Everyone else is in bed, and here I sit, sort of frozen in a moment. My graduate school classes start tomorrow, and I'm... not sure what I am--nervous? Excited? Intimidated?

Considering how much work I see being piled on Kelli, I'm a bit overwhelmed already. Tomorrow night is a class on techniques of assessment and appraisal. I see a significant statistics portion on the syllabus. They're lucky the psych building is only two stories, or I might jump off.

So here I sit, listening to the fans, in this last brief lull before the wheels really start to turn. I already feel like I've been in school a long time. And I have in a way, knocking out every psych class and other requirement I could over the last year. Trying to recall the saying... "by hook and crook" or something?

I'll be happy I did this, I know. To those of you who are about to get years of "sorry I can't (insert activity-related verb phrase here) 'cause I've got school stuff to do" excuses, I apologize in advance.

***

This is when I get in trouble. I saw this comedian once who said we're basically two people: Night Guy and Morning Guy.

Every night, Night Guy wants to stay up, and says, "Morning Guy can handle it. Shoot--I don't have to go to bed yet!"

And every morning, Morning Guy says, "Aw man, I've gotta talk to Night Guy. He''s gotta start going to bed earlier!"

I've often said that if I won the lottery I'd probably never see another sunrise. Well, not unless I stayed up long enough.

***

I was Grouchy Guy for a while tonight. The kids weren't BAD, really, but there's something about coming home and trying to make supper and having them underfoot, pulling my attention five different ways, making noise and, in THEGIRL'S case, arbitrarily whining/crying (possibly out of hunger, though it continued after the meal tonight) while I try to get something done that just irks me. It lingered, and poor Kelli saw too much of it.

See, in TV, you get freebies. Tickets to this and that, t-shirts, hats, key chains. A lot of it is meaningless, but at BACS we didn't get those things.

At KTVT we do though. I put in for some Rangers tickets on Monday, but completely forgot that Kelli won't be home on that day until about the time the game starts. Crap crap crap. Years of waiting for such a good freebie and now I can't partake.

It's not a big deal, and I shouldn't have let it bug me. I shook it off okay, but not before being a prick.

I'm hoping one of these highfalutin classes I'm about to take will make me perfect. I'll let you know when that happens.

***

Night Guy is surrendering. Thursday is likely to be busy at work, so if I don't get to post, please do have a grand day. Take a deep breath, have a look around and know that life ain't all bad.

(Right Dad?)

No comments: