Monday, August 08, 2005

The Dream...

Okay, I’m done messing with Llorca. On the blog anyway. In real life he’s just going to have to man up and get over our brief-but-bitter affair.

***

I had that dream where it’s the first day of class and… well, I guess there are several variations: You’re late, or you’re not wearing pants, or maybe it’s not the first day at all, and you’re just late for the big test.

For me, I was just in the wrong room, and in the wrong building in fact.

I had a quick fix though. I went outside and flew to the right building. I just spread my arms and off I went…

***

Grades are posted—I got two As this summer (it’s old news, I know, but hell, I just like saying it).

So this week I should be able to register for fall classes.

***

You know, being close enough to home to go eat lunch there is great and all, but there's never a thing on TV.

***

THEGIRL was promoted to the older toddler room today. My girl! THEBOY'S class got an infusion of new kids. He's now an elder statesman in there. I expect him to run things like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

***

Man, I heard this band today and was stunned at how much they sounded like the Rolling Stones. Beefier production, but drumming like Charlie Watts, vocal inflections like Jagger... I sat through it just to see who these ripoff artists were.

Turns out it was "Rough Justice," aka the new Rolling Stones song. That would explain a lot. Best thing they've done in a long time. Chances I'll buy it or even sit through it again: zero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I want to hear modern-day Stones, I listen to Nikki Sudden.

Michael