Thursday, August 25, 2005

Do I Smell Barbecue?

Heard a cover of Muddy Waters’ “Got My Mojo Workin’” by Ben Broussard today. At least, I think that’s the name they gave. I know there’s a ballplayer by that name, but I don’t know if he sings or plays the accordion.

(The ballplayer is from Beaumont, by the way…)

But what a great choice for a cover song! It’s got all the requisite Louisiana references, it’s got that great country beat… Maybe it’s been covered a lot over there, but if so I’ve missed it. Very cool.

***

And it was nice to hear a DL Menard song that’s NOT “The Back Door” for once. Can’t recall what it was, and I’m not knocking that Cajun standard. I’m just saying it was a nice change of pace.

***

Send a rose to Cindy Sheehan

***

Five of the Rangers’ games on this 10-game homestand are during the day. Did the folks who make the schedule not look at the calendar? It’s August in Texas… those guys will barbecue out there.

No comments: