Monday, August 22, 2005

Must... Kill... Woodpecker...

RIP Robert Moog. You seem to have been one of the very few synth creators to really understand what they should do.

***

Congratulations Geoff on your recent marriage to Mel. I’m thrilled for you two.

***

Speaking of BACS folks, I’m trying to lure one over here to KTVT…

***

See Puffy AmiYumi’s video for their cover of Jellyfish’s “Joining a Fan Club.”

***

Woke up in full-blown night terror/freakout mode. Heard something in my sleep, and I awoke to find that it wasn’t my imagination. Don’t know what it was, but after stumbling around the house in my boxers for a while I finally decided it was in the back yard. Some clicking/tapping noise. Woodpecker maybe.

So I hit the gym. That joint was jumping at 6:30am!

***

Today is Kelli’s first day as a full-time student. She’s pumped, and I’m excited for her.

***

For some reason I keep reading director Kevin Smith’s blog.

At first I thought he was lampooning the whole thing with so much “showered, took a piss, ate waffles” sort of stuff. But I think it’s for real. I mean, as a guy with an obvious writing compulsion myself, I guess I shouldn’t throw stones, right?

And once in a while he throws in something interesting, when he’s not talking about his man-tits or how fat he’s gotten and how that affects sex with his wife.

Okay, not exactly a ringing endorsement I guess…

***

C’mon lunch…

No comments: