Friday, August 05, 2005

No Score on the Final Exam

Sounds ominous, right?

I hope it’s no big deal. I took the online final last night, submitted it for grading and… nothing. It didn’t go through. The site says I completed the exam, but it doesn’t take the next step. Normally online quizzes and exams are graded automatically. It’s been that way all summer. Without warning something has apparently changed.

I went into a brief panic, as this prof doesn’t give a damn if we have computer issues that muck up our online stuff. So I worried that my iMac was the problem.

I emailed several classmates though, and I’m not alone. I feel a little better about it.

***

And you know, I think I did very well.

***

Plop plop! The toothpaste AND my deodorant fell out of the cabinet and into the toilet this morning. Happy Friday!

***

I’ve had my scone and my iced coffee, and I feel… good. Not great though. I wanted to be elated. I wanted the good news on my test, dang it. I can’t access the site from here, so I’ll have to bug Kelli to poke around and see if the grading situation has been rectified.

***

Heard “Suffragette City” by David Bowie this morning. Always makes me think of Bruiser, and his tale about a woman getting mad at him for singing along to “Suck a Tit City.”

***

Whoa... Launch is playing something called "Are You Beautiful" by someone named Chris Pierce, and it's GOOD. I don't know the name, but it's a fine slice of subtle, old-school soul. Marking this guy for increased rotation...

***

At least the kids slept like champs last night.

***

Tonight Henley and I are headed to the Ballpark in Arlington (eh? What other name…?) to see the Rangers take on the Orioles. The birds fired Lee Mazzilli yesterday, so I have no idea who’s calling the shots now. Well, I mean besides Miguel Tejada ("Sosa! Dame mi jock strap!").

***

Current music: “You Borrowed” by Helmet.

***

Kelli had a job interview for Now magazine in Corsicana yesterday, and it went well. And she and Heather had an Arbonne wingding while down there as well, which I’m told was a success.

***

Little Milton has died at 71. I liked what little music of his I heard, like “The Blues is Alright” and “Grits Ain’t Groceries.” I heard Annie Mae's Cafe back in the 80s and liked it, always meant to pick it up. I should seek out more of his stuff.

Earlier this summer he played a music festival in Corsicana, and it was even on a weekend when we were going to be down there. I passed though. Gotta stop taking these guys for granted.

***

Thanks to everyone who participated in the little survey I posted, and to those of you who commented on my rambling missive about why I left Belo. In the days following that I kept remembering other reasons, so really that piece is only about two-thirds as long as it could have been.

***

Happy Friday. Really.

No comments: