Monday, August 29, 2005

Bweep Bwoop


Still trying to find a place with killer cobbler or apple pie for tonight. I’m told barbecue joints are usually good about this. There are a lot of chain places, which I won’t fight I suppose. But it’d sure be great to find some local café or somesuch.

***

Car alarms… you know, we are way, way far overboard with this stuff. At the daycare, people parked under the awning hop out and you hear the “bweep bwoop” of the alarm system they’ve just activated. Their Nissan Sentra has two booster seats in the back and several dozen stale Cheese Nips under the seats. Folks… this is seriously bad overkill. Where do you think you are? This ain’t Gone in 60 Seconds. In the short time you’ll be here to pick up Junior no world-class thief is going to buzz in and steal your ride. Hell, he probably wouldn’t even bother with the Kelly Clarkson CD with the cracked jewel case sitting on your dashboard.

***

“Awful Dreams” by Lightnin’ Hopkins is playing. Man, when I first got into blues I’d look for his CDs at these hip Houston shops. I’d find $22 imports and think, He’s from a few miles THAT way, man… do I really want to buy something that came here from Belgium?

***

I don't wanna work. I just wanna beat on the cat all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you find a good place for cobbler?

Michael