Friday, July 08, 2005

BRAP!

Been very busy here. Hopefully the morning rush put me well over my daily “hustle” quota. It’d be nice to coast from here on out.

***

Last night THEBOY got out of the shower and broke wind.

“Do you need to go to the bathroom?” I asked him.

“No.”

BRAP!

“No!”

BRAP!

“No!”

BRAP!

“No!”

BRAP!

“No!”

BRAAAAAAAP!

“Okay, tell Mama I did that!”

***

A new wrinkle this weekend: The van needs new brake shoes. That’s one of the few mechanical chores I can take care of myself, so I’ll be in the garage Sunday morning, cursing, scraping my knuckles and getting it squared away.

***

Tomorrow we’ll have a fairly quick trip to Corsicana. We intend to make an offer on that house in the morning, and tomorrow evening THEBOY and I are going to a baseball game. It’s Rangers/Blue Jays, with the mercurial Kenny Rogers facing off against Scott Downs, whom I’ve never heard of.

***

Social psychology looks interesting so far. It’s another online class, but it’s not based so much on quizzes and such; we have some actual writing to do, which I for one appreciate. We’re supposed to keep this ejournal all month, detailing pertinent thoughts and actions. If they want introspection, self-doubt and double-guessing, let me just say for the record that they have come to the right place. I should just turn in a link to this blog, sit back and wait for the A+ to roll in…

***

If you:

Hand THEGIRL a whistle, she will put it to her lips and won’t actually blow, but will emit her own squeal that sounds uncannily like the whistle.

Ask THEGIRL what a monkey sounds like, she will pivot left and right and say, “Ooo oo oo.”

Put on music, THEGIRL will dance.

Vacuum, THEGIRL will applaud when you’re done.

Want to wrestle, THEGIRL is willing, and she’s likely to kick your ass.

***

After going over the schedule in detail, it’s looking like I’ll try to take nine hours of school this fall instead of six. I’d rather bust my butt for a couple years instead of coasting through four or more.

I’ve lost my mind, right?

***

BRAP!

No comments: