Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rave On, Forklift Operator

The Jason Falkner-produced CD by Magnet is out. Someone on the Falk fan site provided this link so we could learn more, hear samples.

I don’t happen to speak or read whatever language THAT is.

But J-Falk played lots of instruments on the CD (guess that’s part/parcel of any project he’s got a hand in…). I mean to check out the samples at some point today.

Now excuse me, "Red Barchetta" is playing.

***

Whit’s last day as a drafter will be August 5. From there on out he will be a martial arts school owner/instructor exclusively. It’s the dream he’s had since we were kids. No one has stuck to a vision like that guy, and I’m proud of him and thrilled for him.

***

Ever feel like you’re just not the slightest bit like other people? Van Morrison’s “Rave On John Donne” is playing. While waiting for a report at the printer I told a coworker that we don’t read enough poetry, and that we should sit in the garden and do that sometimes (not together, of course). I said, “You ever feel like your life is just slipping by and you’re not doing the meaningful things?”

And she said, “Uh sure… hand me that report, will you?”

***

But another ducked into my cube a moment later and said, “I sat in the garden and read poetry not two weeks ago…”

Thank you!

***

THEBOY'S class had a field trip to the Ballpark in Arlington yesterday. What he told us about the trip:

They saw a cricket. He told the boy not to step on it, but the boy did anyway, so then they all did.

They rode in an elevator.

They saw a forklift.

The baseball lady threw away his cookies.

***

Jammin’ to “Jungle Boogie” by Kool & the Gang.

***

Got a social/psych mid-term tonight. On the one hand, the amount of material we’re responsible for knowing is staggering. On the other, I figured out in the last class that I just have a good knack for knowing what she wants us to know, somehow. And no, that doesn’t just mean knowing all the terms in bold from the text.

Then I’ve got a research paper due Monday, which I haven’t yet started. Man, these summer semesters go by at light speed.

***

The weekly haiku contest at Georgina’s blog was a hoot! Had several gut-busting laughs…

***

It’s Thursday, boys and girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don’t happen to speak or read whatever language THAT is."

Mr. Magnet himself is Norwegian; however, I think that's some sort of Slavic or East European language. Guess he has an audience there.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I keep books of poetry by Baudelaire and William Blake around for light reading between tomes.

Michael