Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Two Bits

From one of the studies I was poking through, doing some research for a paper:

"What's the best thing that ever happened to you in school?" I asked.

"I can't think of anything," Turner replied. He sat silently for a few minutes, pondering the question.

"Okay, uh, the coolest thing," he began again, "I was in third grade and we were sittin' in the lunch room, and I threw up on the table and everybody else down the table started throwin' up. [He laughs] It was cool."

***

From the mind of my wife… she has made up a word to describe our daughter:

Forticurious – adj. (combination of the Latin “fortis” and “curiosus”) Someone who is inquisitive and has no concern about the consequences. This word best describes my 17-month-old daughter. She is absolutely fearless and open to anyone who approaches her. She also is very nosy. She doesn’t like to be left out and will get upset if she can’t see what you’re doing. Borrowing from one of my father’s quotes about her, “She is so forticurious that if someone passes gas she has to be there to smell it.”

No comments: