Wednesday, July 27, 2005

we’re fresh out of tiger forks

Rainy here, nice really. But the stairwell, elevator and break room are all strangely warm. Funny, I thought Belo was actually located in hell…

***

There's this elevator at Belo that's incredibly slow. Keep in mind that this is a three-story building. Still, lots of folks opt for the freight elevator or, even worse, the stairs.

Going down this elevator is so slow that I always said I expected that when the doors opened I’d see a red guy with horns and a pitchfork, saying, “Hey, you went too far… wait, not you, Brisc…”

***

This place is like Toys R Us to Whit. I could picture him walking down the aisles: “Ah, we’re fresh out of tiger forks and monk spades… better stock up…”

***

THEBOY likes to mimic the baby in the Quiznos commercials, and I’ve gotta say, it’s highly amusing. He says in a growling voice, “One of these days when the old man’s not looking—saranara.” Okay, so he can’t pronounce “sayonara” yet.

And his old man probably can’t spell it.

***

Onward…

No comments: