Saturday, July 02, 2005

Hey Baby, It's the 4th of July...

Okay, so it's not quite. But we headed to Corsicana (surprise!) to celebrate a bit early today. We did a little house hunting, watched some Rangers baseball on TV, and had a grand time at cousin Tonja's.

***

We started out visiting a house that's not listed yet, one Kelli's mother found out about. One of her church friends is selling it this summer, so we were allowed a sneak peek.

It's nice, and fits the bill better than any thus far.

It's a pinch bigger than what we currently have. It's been updated nicely, the layout is good, it's on a quiet cul de sac and it backs up to a park. The view out the back patio is like looking out over a golf course. The back yard is a good size as well.

Inside the bedrooms are big, the windows have been updated, built-ins are here and there... oh, and the roof is fairly new. Heck, I didn't even see any indicators of the foundation problems that are all over Corsicana. It's got a mud room with a sink, which I'd certainly like to have.

Price isn't bad either. This could be it, folks. More as we put our heads together.

***

And someone we know through Tonja is looking to fill a job down there and asked me to send a resume. Mostly she just wanted to know if I have a bachelor's degree. It's out of broadcasting, which I'm ABSOLUTELY READY FOR. It's a window and door manufacturing company, and basically they need an office manager. Maybe I fit the bill, maybe I don't. But Jann certainly wants to talk more about it. I'm game.

***

Tonja's holiday party was a fine time, with several of the regulars hanging out in/around the pool. THEGIRL had a ball playing in the water with her mother. THEBOY fell down a few times, and that upset and frustrated him, but really he was well-behaved and had fun.

He disappeared inside at some point. I went to look for him, and he was sitting on the pot with the door open. I said hi to him, and he said, "I just been sitting here thinking about robots."

***

The digital thermometer on the back patio at Tonja's read 106 for a while. Once it got below 100 I was fairly comfortable. By the time we left Corsicana we were actually in the middle of a little squall, with cool lightning all around us.

***

Ya'll have a good weekend.

No comments: